Tips for removing stains:
- Blood, Ketchup, Chocolate, Soft Drinks: Blot with white paper towel to remove as much of the stain as possible then neutralize the spot with ammonia solution using a spray bottle to saturate the spot. Blot with the a white paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Beer, Coffee, Tea: Blot with a white paper towel to remove as much of the stain is possible then neutralize with a white vinegar solution. Saturate the spot using a spray bottle and blot to remove excess moisture.
- Candlewax and other types of wax: Spread brown paper such as a grocery bag or a terrycloth towel over the area and set a warm iron over it. The wax will be absorbed into the paper or towel.
- Mud: Allow to dry completely. Shatter dry mud with the handle of a knife, then vacuum.
- Chewing Gum: Freeze the gum using an ice cube. Shatter the frozen gum with a knife handle, then vacuum.
For Pet accidents and staining (those that are still wet):
- Soak up as much of the urine as possible with a combination of paper towels and heavy paper such as a grocery bag. The more fresh urine you can remove before it dries, especially from carpet, the easier it will be to remove the odor. Place a thick layer of paper towels on the wet spot, and cover that with a thick layer of brown paper (or terrycloth towel). If possible, put paper under the soiled area as well. Stand on this padding for about a minute. Remove the padding, and repeat the process until the area is barely damp.
- Rinse the “accident zone” thoroughly with clean, cool water. After rinsing, remove as much of the water as possible by blotting or by using a wet vac. You may need to repeat this step a few times.
- Avoid using cleaning chemicals, especially those with strong odors such as ammonia or vinegar. From your pet’s perspective, these don’t effectively eliminate or cover the urine odor and may actually encourage your pet to resoil the same area.
Thank you, Zion Carpet & Restoration! You are our heroes. Thank you for rescuing us when a pipe burst at our home, making a tough situation easier to deal with. You and your associated contractors were professional, fast and easy to work with. We can’t thank you enough for being there when we needed you!
Contact Us Today
Tell us what we can do to help you!